Kia ora koutou katoa, here are the key items from the School Board meeting this week::
- The board is confident that our kura is prepared for whatever COVID-19 may bring in 2022 through the Rotorua SDA School COVID-19 Safety Plan presented by the Principal. The board also approved the Rotorua SDA Pandemic Action Plan (Omicron) for publication on the school website.
- Unfortunately our community hui originally scheduled for this week was unable to proceed safely within the Red COVID Protection Framework.
- Our Proprietors will be replacing the back fence withing the next few weeks and are finalising plans for a front fence to replace the temporary fencing soon after. This will look much smarter when it is installed.
- We are pleased to report that since the temporary fencing went up, there have been no further security incidents. If you do see anything suspicious around the school neighbourhood, please report it to the police immediately and notify the school.
- We have been offered an awesome playground from one of our Auckland sister schools! This will require some work including disassembling, transportation and reassembly and may require health & safety and council input. The principal will be convening a committee to assist with this exciting project.
- Please respond to the survey sent out by the Principal regarding the Health Curriculum. It is a government requirement to consult with our community regarding health topics and delivery.
- The triennial School Board Elections will be held in line with the requirements of the Education & Training Act 2020 in September 2022. Please consider standing as a parent representative for the next 3 years.